Darling Designs

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bolero baby!

I worked on my mum's bolero jacket yesterday...And seem to actually be making progress! I haven't had a chance to get knitty with it today but hopefully will finish the right front of her bolero watching Desperate Housewives and the Gray's Anatomy (I swear, Sundays and Thursday nights were made for knitting in front of the TV) As soon as I can figure out how to put a picture on the blog, you'll see the bolero in all different stages.

I took my weekly trip to JoAnn etc. last night and spent about $50 on yarn for my attempt at a sweater called Tubey from knitty.com. I just don't know what I would do without knitty and stitch'nbitch. All I have to say is that Tubey better be a really nice sweater.
Speaking of sweater, I started another one last night, just like I swore I would not. I bought this yummy blue yarn from Stitches and Scones and thought an asymmetrical cable sweater would be nice. I started making up the pattern only to discover that I suck at making up patterns. That sweater was ripped apart and the sweater from last summer's Vogue Knitting has been started. I think that will ultimately be ripped out too-- the gauge isn't quite right.
Also took a trip to Purdue today to see the most awesome boyfriend in the world!!!We had to go to Wallyworld so he could get his weekly 3 gallons of gatorade and there was this strange hot pink, purple and black printed fabric and it was a dollar a yarn. I couldn't help myself and bought 4 yards and a skirt pattern. I know what I'm doing next weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home